If you’d like to do some free legal research or access court forms on your own, there are still a few options. Computers with Internet access to court forms are available at public libraries around town and at the Central Library located at 40. E. St. Clair St., phone 317-275-4100.
You can do legal research at the Ruth Lilly Law Library in I.U. Robert H. McKinney School of Law (hours and access policies).
Please note that individual courts do not have forms and their staff cannot advise you on the use of appropriate forms or assist with filling them out.
For a free legal consultation (service availability is often based on income level), you may contact the following organizations:
- Indiana Legal Aid Society: 317-635-9539
- Legal Services: 317-631-9410
- Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic: 317-415-5337
- Indianapolis Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service: 317-269-2222
- Free Legal Line, every second Tuesday of the month, between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m: 317-269-2000
- Legal Advice Hot Line, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday: 317-269-2222 ($35.00 for a 20-minute phone consultation with attorney)