It is essential to understand the emerging developments in employment law, as well as the distinction between employees and independent contractors. If your workers are properly classified, you can avoid the costly risks and looming penalties associated with worker misclassification. This seminar addresses issues “Beyond the Basics,” including Health Care Reform, Social Media and wage & hour classification crack down.
Speakers include an impressive team of attorneys who specialize in all aspects of labor and employment law at both the state and federal level. They have significant expertise in counseling clients on labor, employment, and human resources issues and representing employers in state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Kenan Farrell will be speaking on the following topics:
III. Privacy, Social Media, and Employment Law in the Workplace: Balancing an employer’s right to know vs. employee privacy
- Whose computer is it? Monitoring Internet and e-mail
- Wireless devices and employee and employer privacy violations
- Monitoring and creating policies regarding electronic communications
- The use of social networking sites in the employment context (a. Employer risks with using social networking sites for employment decisions and b. Best practices and policies to minimize employer risk)
- Off the job behavior-blogging and dating
- Case law studies
This program has been approved by the Indiana Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 6.6 hours of CLE credit.
For more information and to register, please click here.